Table of contents
- Features of glazing on the veranda and terrace
- Glazing options
- The materials used
- Possibility of independent works
Glazing verandas and terraces allows you to create around country At home the islet of cosiness, not violative of unity with nature. Sit in the House, leaving the city, It would be simply unsustainable waste of time. Open the same buildings or on the street can often interfere with insects, and precipitation generally become an insurmountable obstacle for outdoor recreation. It is for this and there are porches and terraces, that if you want, you can glaze, and there are so many options, It's easy to find a suitable solution for the realization of the most different design ideas.
Features of glazing on the veranda and terrace
From verandas and terraces there are some differences. Veranda is a part of the House, Standing on the same level, that and the building itself. At the veranda provides a foundation, Wall, window openings and roof.
Council! Because the porch is part of the House, If there are heating it makes sense to do here warm glazing, that would not only protect against precipitation, insects and noises from the street, but place your all-season recreation area.
Terrace is a separate structure, that may adjoin to home, and can stand apart. Terrace is considered an open playground outdoors, which stands on the high ground and has only the roof racks (sometimes in the building provided the low railing).
Council! For terraces heat is not the most important condition, and because you can get cold, but bright and showy bezramnym glazing.
Since quite often terrace, like the veranda, should be in the form of an extension to the home, These concepts have become almost synonymous.
Optimal decision on the glazing depends on the original design and its purpose. You can choose from several options:
- Warm or cold glazing. When the heat glazing will be able to use the verandah even during cold seasons. Glazing cold air temperature will be only on the 5-6 degrees above, than on the street, Therefore, it is appropriate to use this space only in a warm season.
- Partial or panoramic Windows. Selecting either option will depend on the original designs (more precisely, the availability and the height of its walls). If the walls are completely sewn, means, perhaps only partial glazing. If there is only one frame with a roof there is a possibility to place your panoramic Windows.
- Depending on the designs available to choose from wall and roof glazing. In the case of wall glazing glass insert is expected only in vertical surfaces. If not equipped with any canopy, You can complete your veranda or terrace, glass roof.
- Frame or frameless glass verandas and terraces-that is the question, First of all, aesthetic plan, but in this case you can consider the advantages and disadvantages. Frame glazing is easier, It is possible partial replacement or repair, worth it much cheaper frameless, However, looks banal. The same cannot be said about the bezramnom glazing (between glasses there is no restraint designs), recognized as a kind of elite direction in architecture. However, the cons have high-end version very much: tightness is missing stitches, that provokes the low insulating properties, as well as missing the opportunity to hang a mosquito net for protection against insects when opening Windows, t.. most of the structures in the bezramnom glazing-sliding.
The materials used
Most often the choice of owners of country houses falls to use frames, Although the appearance of frameless designs really amazes. Frame glazed verandas and terraces involves the use of various materials, who have their pluses and minuses:
- Use frames made of wood-a typical glazing porches and terraces in wooden house. Such frames can be done independently, and you can enjoy a modern wooden double-glazed Windows, which are the most expensive among all designs materials. The pros of this material is its naturalness, as well as long life, high thermal insulation and the possibility of replacing individual parts. Of the shortcomings of most commonly referred to as requirements for wood processing against pests and fungi, as well as its "dislike" to moisture.
- PVC or plastic glazing is the most popular option for today. Pros do this type of glazing a lot: good heat insulation, easy maintenance and operation, large selection of colors and patterns. Of the cons can be considered relatively short lifespan (10-25 years), heavy weight profile, for which it is necessary to the existence of the Foundation, difficulty of repair with their hands.
Council! You have the option to create a more solid construction at the expense of additional metal frame-such a window called metal-plastic. Optionally, you can provide a decent premises heat insulation, If you choose a structure, where between blocks with glass is inert gas.
- If the premise is not heated, You can use glazing porches and terraces an aluminium profile. It is only suitable for cold glazing, that is the only limitation to the use of this material. Of the advantages of this method can be called high strength, light weight, long service life (about 80 years), environmental friendliness, the possibility of creating any form, color and size of structures.
- A relatively new trend in glazing is considered to be the use of polycarbonate instead of glass. Glazing porches and terraces polycarbonate has a number of advantages: high thermal insulation properties, greater strength compared to glass, ease of material.
By way of opening Windows discusses several options for glazing:
- Open glazing is everyone familiar with childhood opening casement window on yourself,
- Extensible glazing porches and terraces involves the "ride" roller shutters between guides, There are several variants of this "drive" (the most simple design, How do closet, additional accessories for the original nomination casement window of holistic design or option, When the shutters are sent into corners, where they are "open" and fold, as pages in a book),
- glazing type accordion, When the shutters fold like an accordion to the desired distance.
Possibility of independent works
Glazing porches and terraces with their hands is possible only in the case of wooden constructions. If the owner of the whole House decided to build yourself, He is still at the design stage of the project should consider the, what it will have a veranda or terrace glazing. To begin work only after detailed drawings.
Council! Sometimes the veranda is the residential home, but in this case, you need to determine in advance the image of the desired result, relating to glazing. It is worth to remember the main thing: veranda or terrace should be at maximum light and spacious.
Frames can be run from a bar, tight fixing in special grooves of glass. Whatever the professional handyman, It is important to be aware of, What glazing, made with your own hands, will strongly concede wooden RESTful, manufactured industrial way.
Solace House masters will be able to update glazing porches or terraces using old frames. Using PuTTY, sandpaper and suitable finishing materials You can drastically change the appearance of the familiar terraces or verandas.